Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

55c NLHE (Turbo), $750 Gtd

Old
55c NLHE (Turbo), $750 Gtd - Thu Oct 23, 2014, 10:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
BronzeStar
In MP with Ad 2d this table had a habit of limping but would also call a raise. UTG open limped so I called SB and BB also called so 4 way to the Flop.
SB is very loose with stats of 65/16/3.3/0.0

Flop comes 8d Qs 9s SB bets 150 into a 780 pot, villian 1 calls, I know I shouldn't have called with the only real out being runner runner diamond but I called even though pot odds were only about 8:1.

Turn comes 7d giving me the nut flush draw SB bets 615 into a 1,230 pot Villian_1 calls giving me pot odds of about 6:1 so I call. Now I suspect the 7d changed villian_8's hand maybe making the straight for him or giving a second pair, or he could also be on the flush draw.

River comes 3d giving me the nut flush SB bets 450, villian_1 callsmy dilemma here what is the best bet sizing, he was already in for 450, I didn't know what to do a 2/3 pot raise was about 3k but he had 2885 behind I raised 3k villian_8 called and villian_1 folded.

I then realised I hadn't got all of villian_8's stack should my bet have been bigger to try and take his whole stack?

Old
Fri Oct 24, 2014, 02:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
A2s is way too weak of a hand to be playing from this position.. muck preflop. The only way I'd even consider it is to raise to isolate the limper.. but to do so, I'd need to know that everyone behind me would fold the majority of the time.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com