mats,

what your missing is a heads up ranking :lol:

Vega$

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 12:36 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Mats,
As the number of tournaments you play increases, the harder it is to raise your ranking and 7th place type finishes are not going to move the number. You're % of finish in any one tournament is going to be averaged in with ALL of your finishes and unless you win or are in maybe the top 3, there is going to be NO increase that you will see. The increase may be in the .0000 range and not make any noticeable change to your 73.94%. Those who have played like 600-800, as I and others have, have almost no shot at increasing their ranking by more than a tiny fraction of a %, so I suspect that you are beginning to see the numbers catch you, and more than likely, PSO staff is correct on the figures.

8O

'Goddess

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 12:36 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
mats welcome to the stage some of us have been in since early in the year
the only way to get your ranking to move is a VERY GOOD result or a string of VERY BAD results.

more often than not the results counter balance each other and no change is made.

the easy way to check is using the PSOcalc

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 12:40 PM
(#5)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 01:05 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
the only solution is to reset the rankings in the new year all in favour say I

I

j2559

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 01:47 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
The cumulative ranking is so utterly useless that it should be discarded entirely, as should the weekly ranking. Replace them with 1, 3, 6 & 12 month stats and break the stats apart by game, and by multi vs sat.

Just resetting the cumulative ranking improves absolutely nothing. It just pushes this worthless debate out another year.

IMO, here are the WORST things PSO can do to start the year.
1. Reset the bankrolls.
2. Keep the cumulative rankings as is.
3. Reset the cumualtive rankings without making other changes.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 02:01 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
your weekly from 7 events is only 77% only 3% more than your results from 250 events and it proberly wont affect your overall

i need to play 40-50 events at over 66% to get mine to make any noticable jump and i am starting from a much lower base of under 62% which should mean that jumps upward are easier.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 02:49 PM
(#9)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 03:01 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
if you win you will climb

but slowly

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 03:33 PM
(#11)
Mats,

Currently PSO shows you at 73.97% with 267 games. To get to 74% you need any of the following:
1 game finishing 80.9% or better
2 games averaging 77.7% or better
3 games averaging 76.5% or better
4 games averaging 75.9% or better
5 games averaging 75.6% or better
10 games averaging 74.8% or better

Have Fun :!:

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 04:46 PM
(#12)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 05:11 PM
(#13)
If you flop a open-ended str8 draw & flush draw you are better than even money (15 outs) to catch one or the other by the river. You can't bet enough to make the odds not worth chasing unless the flush draw won't hold-up.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 05:14 PM
(#14)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 05:49 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
oh matsy watsy please give it a rest with the rankings. We already know ranking is important to you, you don't have to remind us over and over again in the forum. I lost $2400 real dollars tonight to a bunch of monkeys. And I saw a PSO player with a cum ranking in the 50% range playing $300-$600 live action. What does it all mean? Rankings JUST DON'T MATTER. I don't say this to hurt you but to help you. There is only one way to keep score. Money. If you are a winning player be happy. If you lose to the monkeys now and then, have faith that you will beat them next time (at least that is what I will tell myself on the drive to card room tomorrow).

Wall--Apryll--head--Banging--Ouch

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 12:05 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
mats wrote:

Quote:
It seems to not change each time when i play and it can´t be beacause i have played over 250 games.
It is still 73.94 after 3 more tourneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They say it is right but i am SURE it isn´t!!!!.....................
Actually your cumulative ranking is changing. You are now at 270 games with a 73.75 ranking.

As for your contention that it's wrong, it's a computer mats. It figures ranking automatically. I suspect that you may have been checking too early after the tournaments and it hadn't yet been updated. Or quite possibly you checked after two tourneys and your finish in one offset your finish in the other.

Pokergoddess wrote:
Quote:
You're % of finish in any one tournament is going to be averaged in with ALL of your finishes and unless you win or are in maybe the top 3, there is going to be NO increase that you will see. The increase may be in the .0000 range and not make any noticeable change to your 73.94%.
And mats wrote:
Quote:
Ok thanks pokergoddess and all i think you are all right because the only amount of % i was sure of that had not changed after all was the comulative so ok after 250 you are stuck icon_lol.gif

Well my goal was above 74 sigh icon_cry.gif
Actually it's not quite that hard to move your ranking a little bit.

At 267 tourneys with a ranking of 73.94 if you played in a tourney that started with just 50 people and finished 7th your ranking would go up .06 percentage points and you would have been at the magic 74.00 number you desire.

But in the end mats, why worry about ranking? Apryll's got it right. The only measure of success in poker is the size of your bankroll. It goes up...you're a winner. It goes down...you're a loser. You have one of the bigger bankrolls here at PSO. Seems to me that should be the measure of your success.

At least, that's the way I see it.

sarge

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 04:03 PM
(#17)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 04:04 PM
(#18)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 05:18 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
I tend to agree with Apryll. Money is what talks in this game especially in live games. There is not enough weight on that here.

Thief 21

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 07:23 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Although I once played poker for a living, that is no longer the case. Now it serves as a nice supplement (monkey beats notwithstanding).

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com