Thu Dec 12, 2002, 11:51 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
ditto

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 09:11 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
I am sorry but in order for me to pass this thread onto Mark i have to understand what it means, so can you please translate it into my language

Regards
Tina

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 09:20 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
I think he's saying he wants breaks built into the tournament structure.

Or maybe he's signalling the aliens to come... 8O

Chris

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 11:34 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
I think so too. Yes, a short (5 minutes is fine) bathroom, get a drink break (stop in poker action) like "old" software used to have.

Thanks

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 12:14 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Sorry Tina, let me try to explain.

First, I feel it is very important for a break of some kind to be included ia all ot the tournaments with over x number of players. PSO staff can decide upon the number.

Next, I was trying to give 3 different suggestions, and rate each of the 3. They are:
1. 5 min. each 60 min. would be great
2. 5 min. each 90 min. would be fine.
3. 10 min. each 120 min. would be good.

And that no breaks are no good. I do hope that this suggestion is well received.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 07:40 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I think the post is saying Jellow has a weak bladder! ;-)

But then again, so do I!

Breaks would be great.

muck it

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 07:44 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
i like breaks

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 07:45 PM
(#9)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 08:06 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Would love to see a break

Thief 21

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 08:49 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Most of the big tourney's I have played the break is at 2 or 2.5 hours.

How big is your house anyway....?

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 10:33 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
takes me 10 minutes to drive to the liquor store and back...

A break would be cool...........

Vega$

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2002, 10:35 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
A 5 min break every 60 or 90 minutes would be great. I hate to miss those good cards when I'm gone.

Kahlua

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 08:56 AM
(#14)
Deleted user
I have to agree. I hate having to time out so that I guarantee myself at least 20 seconds to run, do my business, and get back to the table. IMHO a break every hour would be too much, maybe every hour and a half or every two hours.

JMason

"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 09:21 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
Tina's earlier post

In this post Tina clearly states that breaks are a feature slated for implementation in the near, although not immediate, future.

Since this post followed Tina's by only a few hours I am having trouble determining if the reason for this post was not seeing Tina's comment or if it is just more whining.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 11:48 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
i get breaks all the time....unfortunatly, they are not planned (i sometimes wonder), they come with the poker school logo...."you have been timed out!" but why does it usually happen after i put most of my chips in with a big raise, and then have to watch as someone with a losing hand takes the pot? : : :

hey, but thats just me....right? at least Mark says it is. but why does it happen on two (2) different computers i use? oh well....

Shadrak
Time is the fire we all burn in

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 02:02 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Not just you shadrack. It happened to me in the big no limit last night. I had AA, and ace flopped. I timed out. A pair of jacks won the pot.

I copied the hand transcript to freddie on the broadcast. It happens to me all the time and has been happening since I joined PSO. It doesn't even bother me anymore, lol.

It will probably happen in the big one and then it will bother me. Since it appears to be out of my control, I will shake it off and move on. Life is too short.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 04:31 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
I don't know why it happens....don't even know how it happens...but I do know that it happens to a very few of the participants in events. We normally have two computers running, sometimes both logged in at PSO, and it doesn't happen here. Perhaps it your computer, perhaps it's your ISP, perhaps it's just fate, but I don't see how it can be a problem with the PSO software, as if that were the case, it would be happening to more people, more times, as was the experience in the couple of "melt downs" that occured during server switches at PSO.

8O

'Goddess

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2002, 06:19 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
The biggest problem I have (other than making stupid plays) is net lag freezes. The game temporarily freezes and then rushes thru several actions at once. It has both cost me hands and saved me chips.

I see this with two different computers and two ISP's, all on dial-ups.

This lag freeze does not occur on other sites with the frequency it does at PSO.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com