Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Big One 2 Petty Issues

Old
Big One 2 Petty Issues - Sun Dec 15, 2002, 10:26 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I dont usually post in here but I finally had to say something about all this complaining that the Last chance qualifiers had it easy and that the players who qualified through the normal process are being cheated out.
So what if the winner of the last chance got a "B" qualification. They still have to place in the top 5 of the Big One 2 to even earn any money. Are all of you who are complaining so worried that a person who qualified through the last chance to a "B" qualificatioin is taking something away from you?? That is TOP 5 out of the hundreds of players who will be competing. so what? I dont care who plays and how they qualified. If I win the Big One 2 I have an "A" qualification and will win enough money to play in any 10,000 event like the wsop.
But I have to win and I have to beat ALL Qualifiers. no matter what rank they qualified as. you know that the more you all complain and whine the more it will look bad for you when you get knocked out in the first hour. Let your actions do the talking and not these petty issues. where ever you qualified I hope you win, but you still need to beat me and everybody else.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 10:37 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
amen

so..to all you puffed up roosters [my favorite quote]

let it be written..let it be said

may the best player win

see you at the tables

good luck

:h:
sZ

the more things change..the more they stay the same

Old
A Response - Sun Dec 15, 2002, 12:15 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I'm going to preface this response with this: I would be happy with either of these two: everyone gets in to the BigOneII, or a qualifying process. Mark set up a qualifying process. OK. The rules Mark set up in the beggining are the same rules as now. Anyone who got in to the tournament through whatever ways Mark set up, Congrats and I am happy for them. I love inclusion. I couldn't be happier for Szura, because she has always been a great person to have at the tables. That said: Certain ways of getting qualification to the BigOneII are easier then others (Last Chance Tournaments vs placing in a league and then placing in the tourney), and that's the rub for some people.

Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
So what if the winner of the last chance got a "B" qualification. They still have to place in the top 5 of the Big One 2 to even earn any money. Are all of you who are complaining so worried that a person who qualified through the last chance to a "B" qualificatioin is taking something away from you??
A couple of ways to look at this. First, they didn't go through the same "harder" process (placing in the top 6 or winning one 17 person tourney is not the same as placing in a league and then winning or placing in the ensuing tourney), so there is some resentment for that. "They got the same thing I did, and they didn't have to work for it like I did!" Second, in a way, they are "taking something away" from those who qualified the hard way. By adding people, chances are being diminished (although minimally) because there is one more person to compete with.

Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
That is TOP 5 out of the hundreds of players who will be competing. so what? I dont care who plays and how they qualified.
The issue is an additional person to compete against, and a qualification level that was gained by a method much, much easier to get. So, you would be ok then, if Mark just decided to let 100 more people in because he decided they "qualified"?

Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
If I win the Big One 2 I have an "A" qualification and will win enough money to play in any 10,000 event like the wsop.
Umm....yeah....that is the point of it all.
Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
But I have to win and I have to beat ALL Qualifiers. no matter what rank they qualified as.
Yes you do. And the issue is that there are alot more qualifiers being added in very small tourneys and the issue of "fair" as a comparison of qualification came up.

Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
you know that the more you all complain and whine the more it will look bad for you when you get knocked out in the first hour.
Stop that. It shows you to be childish and immature, and in a much worse light then you try to paint those who you disagree with. A very wise person once said: "What you say about someone says nothing about them, but everything about you." Some of the people who have complained are consensus favorites. They are some of the "best of the best", and you can easily see this by looking up their results.

Abercrombie1 said:
Quote:
Let your actions do the talking and not these petty issues. where ever you qualified I hope you win, but you still need to beat me and everybody else.
Hear, Hear! I'll agree with that one.

One of the great things about this BigOneII, is it's an "event". Even if you get knocked out, you can stick around and root on friends, watch some great poker, listen to the Freddieboy show, etc. It'll be a great, great day with friends!

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 12:58 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
If you worked twice as hard as the person next to you at your job......and at the end of the week they handed you both the same paycheck.....or handed the slacker a bigger paycheck than you......would you be happy?

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
You all could have played in the last chance events too. NO one forced you to do it the hard way. It was in the info from the biging that there would be last chance events. I got in by the last chance event but YOU COULD HAVE TOO. That is why it is fair, So dont tell me its not fair to the all the exelant players we have at school, that did not need the last chance events to qualify. You knew the rules you could have sat back and waited. and got a top six finish in a event with 13 players too.

--Matt--

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
GEE WIN, IF I WERE THAT GUY, I'D BE SENDING OUT MY RESUME...FAST

LOL

SZ

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 03:45 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
At least someone gets my humor! lol

I didnt say that I was for or against Last Chance events.....i just enjoy playing Devil's Advocate. My next post is just as likely to seem that I am for them rather than against them.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2002, 03:54 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I think the whole point is being missed.
If you look at this as hard work or something that you suffered at to accomplish or whatever then you are missing the point of it. IT IS A GAME !! first of all. and also. P{oker is one of the few competitions where anybody can enter and play against the best and worst and in the end may the best man or woman on that day win. All I was saying was that all of this fair and not fair in the qualifying for this one event is ridiculous.
Hey if you do win enough money from the BIG ONE 2 to enter the WPO or WSOP are you going to complain to Binnion that it is unfair that people can buy their way in?? or that there are too many competitors to make it fair?
Bruno.. I dont really care who or what the consenus is on this opinion. If it is mostly the best players doing the complaining as you say then that is a shame. They are the players who should have the least to complain about because they have the best chances over all to place highly in the competition. The real world is much different than in here and if the complaint is that there are many more competitors being allowed into the game and that is making it harder then too bad.

Abercrombie1 said:Quote:
you know that the more you all complain and whine the more it will look bad for you when you get knocked out in the first hour.

Stop that. It shows you to be childish and immature, and in a much worse light then you try to paint those who you disagree with. A very wise person once said: "What you say about someone says nothing about them, but everything about you." Some of the people who have complained are consensus favorites. They are some of the "best of the best", and you can easily see this by looking up their results.
Ok I was not being childish or imature at all. And I really do take offense at you calling me that. I was saying the it looks bad when a person does a lot of complaining and then does not have a good showing. It is better to not say anything at all and let your actions speak for you is all I was saying there. I have much more respect for a competitor in any sport who does not make excuses before the game whether it be too many competitors or to easy qualification for some or it was unfair. No matter what one thinks they should keep it to themselves and go out and do their best.
As for players who are ranked highly in this school. So what I say.?
anybody can win on any given day. Cards run hot and cold and some players who are ranked in the top 15 of this school may get knocked out early on in the tourney and some may make final table.
I am a middle of the road player who at times plays well and at times plays poorly I have been playing for 2 1/2 months now and am looking foward to play7ing in the big one2 I qualified by Last chance tourney with 70 plus player and placed in the top 6 I hope I do ok and have fun.

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 07:36 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Bruno, I have to take issue with what you said.....

It was announced at the start that there would be x amount of people, so these events are not adding people thus making it harder, the number of opponents was known all along.

Also........poker is not work, I had to qualify then play a 5/6 hour tourny and finish top 20, to get my 'B' well that was all good fun, not work, not a chore, it was a lot of fun.

Now I get to play against 750 others.............I'd be happier if it were 1000, or 2000, the more the merrier.......because it is fun

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com