Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

stupid just stupid

Old
stupid just stupid - Mon Dec 16, 2002, 04:12 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
well i knew it would happen sooner or later
i hope people now see how ridiculos (?) to award a b qual for the last chance events look at this

Last Chance Tournament (Mon 3am CST) (#97534)
Place Player
1 BIGRED31

Start Time: Mon, Dec 16 3:00am CST
Buy-in: Qualify Game: No Limit Hold 'em (#6)
Starting Chips: 10,000
Starting Players: 1

this is so wrong it is unreal

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 04:38 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
now doesn't this throw the numbers off? aren't there suppose to be a set amount of qualifiers? now there are 5 A's missing for the toltal number of A seats. Just a suggestion for next time (one i have already stated) Have the last chance events be only 2 of them, and during the busy time like 3pm and 9 pm

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 06:37 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Well, I've played with BigRed on a number of occasions and he/she's a pleasure to play with. I know they've been trying hard to qualify and as far as I can see (which isn't far) they've not broken any rules, but have just used the available opportunities. Next year, who knows, it might be a different set-up, but right now.............

the very best of luck on Saturday to BigRed and to everyone else who's made it (by whatever means) to The BIG ONE 11

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 06:41 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
im not knocking any players
all im saying is i think the last chance events could have been organised a bit better
to award a b to the one and only player is stupid
but fair play to anyone who takes advantage of this huge mistake
why qualify for a round 2 by winning leagues and then finishing in top 20 out of 200+ when you can wait until a few days before and get one just for turning up

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 08:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
We do so love to flog dead horses :!:

In another thread Mark has acknowledge the shortcomings of theses Last Chance events. However, to change them at this late date is impossible. I am sure a better system will be used next year. Unless all of this complaining makes Mark decide to forego hosting of 'The Big One III".

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 08:51 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe
Unless all of this complaining makes Mark decide to forego hosting of 'The Big One III".
Would you play this bluff from UTG, middle position or only from the button in an uncalled pot?

Sorry, Joe, couldnt resist. But isnt it interesting how poker skills are used inherently throughout our lives?

Floggingly,

Bob

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 09:03 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipman
Would you play this bluff from UTG, middle position or only from the button in an uncalled pot?
It depends on table dymanics. If you were in the BB I'd play it EVEN from UTG!!!!

:lol:

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 11:11 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
no real surprise....

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 11:32 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Quote:
Place Player
1 BIGRED31

I watched this game and BIGRED31 played superb and thouroghly deserved his 1st place.

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 11:38 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpagekev
Quote:
Place Player
1 BIGRED31

I watched this game and BIGRED31 played superb and thouroghly deserved his 1st place.
:lol: :lol: There you go, then!

WTG Bigred!

Good luck to all in the BigOneII!!!!

--Greagar

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 12:18 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
:lol: I knew if I used all the skills I have learned at school, that it would be possible to get at least a "B" qualification.
bigred31

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 12:58 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
I gotta say it was much more exciting than the CLASH OF THE TITANS!!! :h:

NICE SHOWING BIG RED!!!

:h:
sZ

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 06:34 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
But Clash of the Titans had better looking cheerleaders!!

OK, now that i've gotten started: It was obvious from the
beginning of this promotion that ANY SCHOOL MEMBER
WHO WANTED TO could find their way into TBO2. Now,
I'm not the smartest bear in the circus and I figured this
out on first read. it's a mystery to me how some of you
who are way smarter than I am can start complaining at
this late date. Did you really miss that at the beginning?

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 07:43 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I was there to cheer you on Huk. I was just silent. Didn't think any more distractions would be good for your concentration.

As it was you had the whole school there rooting for ya!! Not that we don't like depraved..we just know you better!!

Anyway, Congratulations on your win at Foxwoods and have a nice holiday.

:h:
sZ

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 08:19 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
My top ten -

BIGRED31 - 10,000
demonknees - 5,000

2-20 - unclaimed due to lack of participation

Better work on my heads up skills,

EG

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2002, 08:54 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Quote:
LOL

What a sham the last 6 months has been. I don't know why they bother with the illusion of having people qualify. Hilarious.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2002, 05:26 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
Noodles, as ever I support your unmitigated right to have your say, but as has been said before, it's only your opinion.

Repeating yourself loud and often offers very little in the provision of a constructive way forward.

It might add some credence to your litany if you were able to provide a workable alternative for PSO and the members to consider. There have been a number of different suggestions put forward and I'm sure that Mark, Tina and the PSO staff are giving them due consideration and I too, will be interested to see if there's going to be a change in the format next year. However, I (personally) can't see the point in you seizing the opportunity to pick over the bones of this often debated, now somewhat boring thread, every time a player qualifies in a manner of which you so patently disapprove.

I might venure to make one other small suggestion.

You have always had the option to enter satellites or super satellites, or pay the entry fee up front to try and secure yourself a place. If the format for BIG ONE 11 bothered me as much as it obviously bothers you, I'd seriously be reconsidering my own reasons for playing.

Nevertheless, I admire your undoubted skills on the table and consider you to have as good a chance as anyone at winning. I look forward to either meeting or playing against you, when we'll perhaps be able to engage in a more positive conversation.

Good luck to all............

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2002, 01:39 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe
Noodles, as ever I support your unmitigated right to have your say, but as has been said before, it's only your opinion.
lol, Did I say it was fact?

Quote:
Repeating yourself loud and often offers very little in the provision of a constructive way forward.
Loud? How did I do that via the written word?

I wasn't criticising. I found it funny. I was laughing. I thought the lol made that clear.

Quote:
It might add some credence to your litany if you were able to provide a workable alternative for PSO and the members to consider.
Erm, how about have a proper meaningful qualifying period rather than just an illusion? Does that count as a suggestion?

Quote:
However, I (personally) can't see the point in you seizing the opportunity to pick over the bones of this often debated, now somewhat boring thread, every time a player qualifies in a manner of which you so patently disapprove.
Picking over the bones? How often have I posted an opinion on the qualifying method exactly? I don't care one way or the other how somebody qualifies. They could give them away for all I care. Where did I say I disapprove? I was just laughing at the situation. It is ridiculous and funny isn't it?

Quote:
You have always had the option to enter satellites or super satellites, or pay the entry fee up front to try and secure yourself a place.
I have no idea what you are talking about here. What entry fee upfront? What satellites?

Quote:
If the format for BIG ONE 11 bothered me as much as it obviously bothers you
I hope you get a better read of your opponents in the big 1 than you have of me from my post.

Quote:
I'd seriously be reconsidering my own reasons for playing.
Did I say I was playing?

Quote:
Nevertheless, I admire your undoubted skills on the table and consider you to have as good a chance as anyone at winning. I look forward to either meeting or playing against you, when we'll perhaps be able to engage in a more positive conversation.
I wasn't aware we were having a negative conversation, but thanks for the compliment. I'll probably be out early if I do play, probably to a bad beat. Depends if they take the no win button off me.

PS. That was a joke. But maybe not.

Good look in the big one.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2002, 01:49 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
part of poker skills we are meant to be learning is game selection
and as i stated at the beginning of the last chance events there would be by the time of the last last chance event only 1 or 2 players involved and i say congrats to bigred for great game selection to produce the best chance of gaining a B seat.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2002, 06:24 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
My Suggetsions,

Next year Split the total payout in half 50K have two tournaments.

1) The Big One III- Open for all members to play 50K Payout

2) The Members Championship- Keep the current Mounthly Qualifying and mounthly Round 2 Events.

Eliminate the Annual Members Qualifying events(creates more value on monthly avgs and everyday good play)
Eliminate the Qualification Levels
What tournaments have payout based on a players previous play?

If the amount being offered is really to high thus the reason for Qual Levels lower the amount.

Keep of of Mark and Tina's Back for $149/ year we get way more then our money's worth without the promotions.

One other solution charge each member a fee to play in the big one III and allow everyone in at the same qualification level.

Just my thoughts

Thief 21

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com