Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

SHOWING HANDS ADVANTAGE

Old
SHOWING HANDS ADVANTAGE - Thu Dec 19, 2002, 10:53 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I do not believe it is profitable to show one's had in hold-em, and untill recentlly, I believed the same was true in omaha. Unlike omaha, IMHO bluffing is very big in hold-em.

Because of this there is not the same advantage as there is in concealing one's hand in hold-em. I've decided to try something in omaha that's new to me because it may keep me from playing something which I would be em-bare-assed for others to see. Of course, if my stack gets extremely low, or if it becomes short handed, then I may need to play some of the more marginal hands.

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2002, 04:17 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Jellow, are u talking about when 2 players are heads up and 1 or both is allin?

if so, this is the way it is done in tourney play.

if not, that is what the "muck hand" button is for. however, i do believe that if you are first to bet your hand shows anyway.

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2002, 04:55 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
TO AHAL

When I am playing hold-em, I allways click down below where it allows your hand to be seen ONLY when necessary. Sorry I do not recall the name of the button which you click on, but I guess you know what I mean,

Before my new thinking, I also clicked that button in omaha, so other players would not see my cards. But now I don't click it, and they do get to see my cards.

Number of players doesn't make a difference.

Old
SHOWING HANDS ADVANTAGE - Fri Dec 20, 2002, 07:18 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Jellow,

I do not see any advantage in showing your hand in omaha.

So would you please tell me what you mean by doing it? I would like to know what you know and if there is an advantage I would like to use it.

Thanks Jellow,

Dave

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:58 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
never muck cards be proud of what you play and when or just dont play them if i raise with 47o (i am with mussey on this powerfull hand) if we see a showdown you will see my 47o if i dont think there is any reason for players to see my winning hand then i will fold it (cause it aint a winning hand)

when mucking losing hands what you are doing is leaving yourself open to making plays that you dont think are correct if you have no reason to play a certain hand in a certain way fold it dont just muck it after throwing good chips away on it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com