Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

ANSWER PLEASE

Old
ANSWER PLEASE - Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:14 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I have repeatedly OPTED OUT of the upgrade on the server when I log on. For weeks now...ever since I heard the problems people were having with cards being too big and covering chip counts, and the logo in the middle being distracting, etc. Anyway, do I need to upgrade for the BIG ONE since Mark said something about changing to the old server? Or as usual, am I just confused??

Thanks in advance..
PS I may not have made any of the TOP TEN FINISHERS list, but .......
:mrgreen:

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:32 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
I don't know if it is nessecary for you to upgrade before The Big One, but all the reasons you listed for not doing it have pretty much been fixed. I use the latest version and have no problem with it at all. Plus you have the option to block chat from the rail. So when you make it to the final table and everyone is chating like crazy you can block them out so it doesn't cause you puter to crash. Just my oppinion

Good luck today and Merry Christmas

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:41 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
jane i had the version of the software that had the problems in it and they have all been fixed and the look is much better.

so you can upgrade with peace of mind anytime you want

Old
DON'T Make any Changes. . . - Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:50 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
. . . before the tournament.

I also held off on upgrading my software for a long time, but did so several weeks back. It seems to run flawlessly - and I like it.

BUT - that having been said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I'd NEVER try to upgrade or repair an otherwise OK running computer just hours before some critical event!! The computer gods will take notice of this affront to their supremacy, and intervene to make you sorry! VERY SORRY!!.

Complete the big One, THEN, when you've got some free time, do the upgrade. It'll probably install perfectly AFTER the BO.

Just my $ .02 [based on over 20 years of fooling with these silly boxes]. Am I superstitious?? You bet!

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 11:00 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Jane , I can confirm that you DO NOT have to upgrade for todays event. I would hate to tell you to upgrade now and run into any problems in The Big One II . Therefore I think I have to advise you to keep the version you have and then upgrade afterwards while you are reminiscing your good fortune and working out how you are going to spend all the sponsorship points

Mark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com