Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The Big One - Crash

Old
The Big One - Crash - Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:28 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
We are really sorry for the problems that we are experiencing ,
we will need to take a 30 minute break in order to get the tournament set up and running again

Message is in the lobby, and we will email the 40 players that are still in it, or you can listen to the fan cast show.

We will start again at 8.00pm

Once again sorry for any inconvenience

Mark and Tina

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:30 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
PEE BREAK

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:30 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
how about the 6pm $50 1k added PLO event??? can we please restart that one as well, it was down to 20players out of 56...this is the SECOND multi i've played in that has crashed with 2 tables left and i need to get tournies in for league competition...any hope???

thanks...

dan

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:31 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Thank God! I nearly wet myself!

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:31 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
if i take a nap will some one call me?

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:35 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
We are working on gettting the event back up in the lobby at 8.00pm.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and can assure you we will do the best we can to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Regarding the PLO event i will have them look into that too

Tina

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:35 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
things to do be4 restart:

1. Take a pee- 6 hours was long enough
2. Grab a beer- i need it
3. drink some coffee-need to stay awake
4. get champagne on ice- for when i win
5. get gun ready-for when i finish on the bubble from my spot

oops i am out good luck to the remaining 40

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:46 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
the worst thing is i was crippled just before the crash i got about half a dozen hands left before i am blinded out and i wish i was in bed
but on the off chance i can recover i cant drag myself away from pc.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:49 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
I'm right there with you iron. I got busted down to $24k and now have to wait....

Oh well, at least we're still in it.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:57 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
It's just a darn good thing that those 500+ free side players are still able to play their tournaments and satellites.

Come on PSO, you have got to give priority to your paying customers. The mere fact that the free side wasn't completely shut down today is amazing to me. Simply amazing.

This is the biggest event pokerpages hosts and it only happens once or twice a year.

Of course hindsight is easy at this point, but I've been asking for days if the free side would be shut down during this.

What a nightmare.

Old
Chip n a chair - Sat Dec 21, 2002, 08:59 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
If its any encouragement to you Iron and Andrew..i went out after 2 1/2 hours at 303 and I'd just about give my left arm to have one chip and one chair at one of them last 4 tables !!

GL
Have Fun !
Happy Holidays All !!

MTwallet

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 09:04 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
agree with mimpin

also would like to have my other games removed from today

some players reboot and become to table much before (wonder why) and start playing like the other are all there

spades

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 09:25 PM
(#13)
Deleted user

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 09:59 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
What are the odds of the PLO game restarting, I've been waiting a while now and wondering? should I hang out or give up on it?

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:47 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Wow, it looks like everyone got an hour and a quarter piss break just as things were getting hot. Kudos to the PSO team for getting things back up under pressure.

Sat 8:45pm: Play is back underway in the Big One II.

Sat 8:20pm: The Big One II is restarted in the lobby.

Sat 7:30pm: We are having problems restarting the Big One II. Players who are still in the event please check back at 8pm.

Sat 7:15pm: THE BIG ONE II TOURNAMENT HAS CRASHED. WE ARE GOING TO RESTART THE SERVER WHICH SHOULD RESTART THE EVENT. EVERYONE WILL BE DISCONNECTED AND HAVE TO REJOIN THEIR TOURNAMENTS

It is frustrating that after bouncing out that observers aren't allowed. And there is still no bust order table, can't even look at it in the lobby. (I'm dying to know how our Austin 9th St. poker girl is faring...)

Hopefully we will able to support observers at the WPO warmup!
Cheers,
-mistigris (out at 182)

PS: speaking as a programmer, why not consider using a single observer process which pipes to a separate server (or servers) for multicasting under load. Disabling chat for observers is a minor price to pay.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 10:52 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
you can observe only 8 left

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com