I would like to say congratulations to
Tom Hawk
Rio Rita
FreddieBoy
Andrew
Lion
Tyro
Scarz

What a great event, and once again apologies for the hiccup.

A special thank you goes out to the broadcasters who did a fantastic job, and not forgetting our technical team, that saved the day.

Good night
Mark and Tina

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2002, 11:54 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Thanks Tina. I have to say that was the most remarkable event I've ever been a part of. What a great group of players. I can't tell you how great this feels right now. Woohoo!!!!

Andrew

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 01:00 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
What a great tournament! Congratulations to all the other winners, and thanks a million to Tina and Mark and everyone at PokerSchool!!

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 06:29 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Congratulations to all. And a Big THANK YOU to Freddie Boy and all the people at my table. When we were down to 4 tables after the hiccup, my computer locked up. I was on the phone with BigGhost, a fun side player, who was watching, so I asked BigGhost to ask the table to wait on me. FreddieBoy was just to my right and hit the time button several times until I could reboot and get back in the game. I had A-9, went all-in and won that hand. Freddieboy and the table waited on me.

You are a class act FreddieBoy. And the first beer in Tunica is on me.

Shane aka Jeff

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 09:24 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Contratulations to the winners! mick16

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 09:41 AM
(#6)
Deleted user

Old
Congrats to the Winners - Sun Dec 22, 2002, 09:45 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Congratulations to the winners of the Big One II
And thank you to the owners & staff for holding
such an event. may we all get the chance to be
at a final big money table.

P.S. Damm Rio,
you kick some Butt!! Dirty Harry"

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 12:34 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Congratulations to the winners, and thank you Mark and Tina for holding such an event.

Thanks Freddie, Bruno and Hazy for doing the show.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 12:48 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Great comeback after the restart Andrew. Congrats. Well done.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 12:56 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
We cannot ask for a better group Players to represent PSO.
Congrats on all the Winners, especially Rita. The second time around is so much sweeter.
Andy

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2002, 08:15 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Thank you Mark and Tina for the great PokerPages site and PokerSchool Online. It was a thrill to be in the money. Now you have given me the opportunity to play in one or more major tournaments. I can't wait.

Alden Chase (tyro)

Old
FreddieBoy, Ya got lucky.. - Mon Dec 23, 2002, 09:21 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
FreddieBoy, Ya got lucky Ya little NIT! And I'm gonna give yoo the WHOOPIN' of your life when I get ahold a ya!! I'll be back on the show before too long.. Sorry I been gone so long.. Looking forward to having Geezer insult my game, lol!

"Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Pogue

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 09:22 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
Deleted

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 09:26 AM
(#14)
Deleted user
:lol: Mother's lock your daughters in the attic. The Pogue is coming the Pogue is coming. lol

Welcome back, looking forward to wooping you.

ponygee :roll:

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 12:10 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Sorry not to have said too much since the end of TBO II . After sleeping much of the day on Sunday I am now back in the land of the living focusing on one thing.

The Big One III.

There will be a few changes and we will be announcing the details very soon and intend beginning The Big One III on January 1st.

I also intend leaving everyones bankroll intact as is. I will NOT be changing the bankroll of any member.

I will be closing off the rankings at the end of December and parking them somewhere on the site. From January we will only be tracking monthly rankings.

Also from January 1st Stud will count towards rankings. Both multi table events and satellites. We have a new schedule that will kick in on January 1st. After we get the immediate changes under way I will be looking at the monthly league awards. I am quite happy with the current 8 Leagues and awards but I will look at ways we might have leagues aimed at specific games.

Mark

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 12:23 PM
(#16)
Deleted user

Yeah, yeah!!!!

I think, I don't know if its good for little old me.

I think I like it, woooo woooo woooo

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 12:25 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
Leaving bankrolls intact was a great decision. However, the choice of monthly rankings is an extreme disappointment. One month is too short a time period for meaningful tracking. Having a monthly ranking is great for basing promotions on, however it falls so far short of what is needed for true results tracking that the chasm is huge.

Poker is a game of the long term and results must be tracked in such a manner. I have maintained in my job, rolling averages are an excellent tracking tool. The school should provide 4, 13 and 52 week averages so each of us can see our results in a proper historical context.

Old
Re: FreddieBoy, Ya got lucky.. - Mon Dec 23, 2002, 02:19 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogue
FreddieBoy, Ya got lucky Ya little NIT! And I'm gonna give yoo the WHOOPIN' of your life when I get ahold a ya!! I'll be back on the show before too long.. Sorry I been gone so long.. Looking forward to having Geezer insult my game, lol!

"Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Pogue
Woohoo. Pogue is back lol.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 02:26 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
So thecumulativerankings are gonna be gone completly?

I hope not.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 06:04 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
I agree Joe. I have just discussed this with Kevin. I will, as I said put the Cumulative rankings elsewhere on the site but they will not be added to after December 31st. I should explain jbh5000 that it is not practical for us to just keep adding to the file size indefinitely.

We will track monthly rankings only for promotions but we will implement 1 month, 3 month and perhaps 6 month averages. Maybe annual too which I think means that after 15 months we will begin to remove (chop off) 3 months at a time every 3 months.

Sound better?

Mark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com