Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Help Would be Appreciated

Old
Help Would be Appreciated - Mon Dec 23, 2002, 02:02 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
As 2003 fast approaches, I have some resolutions/goals regarding PSO. I would very much appreciate any members that can help me in achieving these.

1. Become a more rounded player-I am very much one dimensional here at PSO-Omaha, any form, any time. This is because it is my favorite game and because it is my game of choice in live action. Having said that, I would like to much improve my No-Limit game. It is the game of choice at PSO and it is the Cadallac of tournaments in live play and my live tournament success to date has been limited with only a few small wins. Who knows, maybe I'll be on someone's "10 to watch list" at BO3. lol

PLEASE let me know if I make a boneheaded move, either privately or publicly. Any critcism would be helpful.

2. Get more familiar with the matimatical side-I can quickly calculate odds and simple things, but it takes too long for me to calculate percentages, probibilities etc. I know there have been several posts on these numbers.

If someone could direct me to a source to get the charts on percentages, probibilities etc., that would be great.

3. Take advantage more of available resources-This one's on me. In the beginning I was in the classrooms way more than I have been lately.

I know there have been threads on this also but if someone could give me the Bible for NL hold'em that I could scour during my long flight from PHX to Tunica, maybe my $100 won't be just a donation at the PSO tourney.

4. Put what I have earned and learned to good use-I am planning to use my 500 sponsorship points at the O8 tourney at the LA Poker Classic in February.

5. Contribute to the forum in the poker discussions-I feel I can contribute in the Omaha discussions now but am often hesitant to do so because of my inexperience on the math side. I have found these discussions to be helpful and have learned from posters such as Randy, Aaron, Dan, and way to many more to mention.

6. Put faces with names- This will start in Tunica and hopefully carry over to other tournaments in 2003. I will be at the LA Classic, WSOP, and others throughout the year. I look forward to getting to Foxwoods soon.

Happy Holidays.

Mike

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 02:13 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Good afternoon Mike,

Resources:
Books: Pot-limit & No-limit Poker by S Ruben & B Ciaffone
Theory of Poker; Holdem Poker for Advance players; Tournamnt Poker for Advanced Players by D Scklansky
Championship Holdem by T Mcevoy & T Cloutier

Read the forum posting of Noodles and hiis competition (ignore the bitting repartee). Stick to the meat of the discussion.

Now, if you have any time left, come to Tunica and have a good time.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 02:25 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
The best resource I know is the archives of the forums at www.twoplustwo.com. There is so much good info in there, but be careful not to believe everything you read or you may be laying down aces preflop in the first round, hehe.

Gojacketz

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 05:24 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
I know there have been threads on this also but if someone could give me the Bible for NL hold'em that I could scour during my long flight from PHX to Tunica, maybe my $100 won't be just a donation at the PSO tourney.
The 2 Ciaffone books should be the starting point for a beginner. 'Pot and no-limit poker', and 'improve your poker'.

Then maybe read supersytem and sklansky.

As for other resources, with regards 2+2 forums. Fossilman is the one you want to pay most attention to. Scour the Archives for his posts in the tournament and big-bet sections.

You could also consider lessons off Ciaffone also.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2002, 05:31 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I can't say enough how much "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" has helped my game. I just started reading it last week and I really believe it helped me in TBO2. I hope to re-read it a few more times before Tunica.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Andrew

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com