Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Email from PSO?

Old
Email from PSO? - Tue Dec 24, 2002, 09:44 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Did anyone else receive a 121k email from support@pokerpages.com with nothing actually in it? Was wondering if anyone coud tell me what the deal was with that?

--Greagar

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 09:47 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
delete the email

it looks like it is a virus it problerly pick an email address from your address book at random
i am 95% sure it would have nothing to do with pokerpages

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 10:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
It does have an executable embedded so delete it ASAP. If your virus protection isn't filtering your e-mail you should consider that option. If it is be sure yoru virus definitiuons are up to date.

If you examine the headers you will see that it did not originate from pokerpages or from pokerschool. It most likely came from a school member however.

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 12:18 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people still out there without virus protection. Just this week, I have receieved the Klez virus 3 times. In all, I have probably received the Klez virus 50 or 60 times! My anti-virus program catches them without fail.

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 12:23 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
i had a virus once but i was in army and it was expected of me

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 11:19 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good one

About that email...I get that same email every week or so, and my Norton Anti-Virus quarentines it for the KLEZ, which I also get about a dozen times a week.

DELETE IT. And Merry Christmas~

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2002, 11:33 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
i got it 6 months ago and it gave me klez, what problems i had and it sucked till i got rid of it. DELETE IT DO NOT OPEN

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2002, 11:10 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Kinda what I figured, thanks guys. It was to a hotmail account though, not my POP3. I opened it, and it was blank. Lovely xmas gift from someone though.

Merry Christmas!

--Greagar

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com