Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Missing player - minor madness

Old
Missing player - minor madness - Sat Dec 28, 2002, 03:13 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
First off - kudos to JamesG who handled a funny but filthy situation with grace and good humour :wink: . But ...

School PLO8 satellite, and after much carnage it's down to me, James and Acedan. Acedan has been missing for the last hour and is blinding out. But ...

I have about 18,500 , James 1,000 and Acedan 500. The blinds are big. Well, I'm gonna call any bet with virtually any 4 cards, James knows this and is playing as cagey as possible aiming for 2nd.

But the missing player keeps winning halves and sometimes scooping every time he's all-in, and James loses chips.

Eventually (after about 20 hands) the ridiculous comes to pass and the all-in missing player and me each take half the pot and James is busted vs "The Ghostly One" 8O

With 19500 vs 500 it then takes about another 8 hands before I eventually scoop against TheGuyWhoAintThere.

This is funny, but st00pid. What happens in b+m games when a player is long-term absent, especially when it gets short-handed?
Do their hands play all-in ??? Even if they're at the hospital having emergency heart surgery?

Whatever - Happy New Year folks :lol:

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2002, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I don't understand. Being beaten by a player who isn't even there sounds pretty typical for James G.

Peace, Starrs LSOGC - The James Gang

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2002, 09:34 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Rosita said

Quote:
I have about 18,500 , James 1,000 and Acedan 500. The blinds are big. Well, I'm gonna call any bet with virtually any 4 cards, James knows this and is playing as cagey as possible aiming for 2nd.
Obviously I wasn't being cagey enough! :wink: We had fun though Rosita!!

It was an awkward situation for both of us, but next time I get the disconnected player on MY left!! :twisted:

Starrs said

Quote:
I don't understand. Being beaten by a player who isn't even there sounds pretty typical for James G.
Hmmm.... this sounds like a challenge!!!!!!!!!!! :P Headsup???? Gotta be Monday or Tuesday night Steve (I will no be a member anymore after that. : ) Around 9pm Est time? Although I am trying to spend my remaining bankroll as quickly as possible, how bout for a grand? Hopefully I can't blow that much bankroll in 3 days! 8O

Let me know Steve.

James G - The James Gang

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2002, 10:13 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
james you leaving us without saying your goodbyes?

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2002, 04:34 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
James lost to a phantom!! His new name should
be spirit-boy. But how can you believe anything
he says after that?

I'm betting a small percent of my bankroll that he
is still on the roster after January 1st. And I'm
betting he's on the first page a month after the
rankings are reset...

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2002, 02:52 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Jim, I was only teasin' you. On the other hand, I would love to take your money in a heads-up match. Monday night at 9:30 eastern time. You and me for $1,000.

Now, if for some reason you happen to beat me, well, then the better player will have prevailed.

Peace, Stephen

PS. Don't go.

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2002, 01:42 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
"This is funny, but st00pid. What happens in b+m games when a player is long-term absent, especially when it gets short-handed? "

to answer rosita's original question is quite simple

if the player is not at the table to play his hand its folded by the dealer

this should happen on-line as well

its something pokerschool should be looking to rectify
as other on-line poker sites have b+m rule "not present to play - hand is folded"

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2002, 02:19 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
i agree vinmor, if you are not there, your hand should be folded, and blinds posted and folded.........

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com