Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

different groups

Old
different groups - Sun Oct 13, 2002, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Being this is my last few weeks here and I owe mark much and am glad to say i`m one of the originals ever to post on the site...

I would like to see the skill levels split where only certain qualified players are allowed into certain events..beginner intermediate and advanced tournies..
How you work this out is to be debated...
There have been beats that were unbelievable and this should be obvious the player is in the wrong game..They do eventaully get eliminated though..
Enough!! I dont post much here and i have said my piece..
Thanks mark for making me a better player because i had the tools and the desire to make it happen..
good bye..

jg

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2002, 05:47 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
this is a proposal that will appeal to all the SS (Smugly Superior).

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2002, 06:32 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
In the real world, the only qualification is "can you afford the buyin"

cheers

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2002, 07:03 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I think a monthly or quarterly tournament with all the monthly points' winners would be great.

Mark could run it however he wanted, maybe a monthly tourney then a quarterly, etc, with the year-end winner getting a medium level buy in to a big tourney. That would meet the goal of PSO putting the absolute best player out there into B & M tourneys.

While not sorry I got my "D" qualification (trust me this is no brag, as I was incredibly lucky to win my tourney -- I put a semi bad beat on someone with 3 left...), I do miss the monthly qualifying tournaments.

The play was incredible, one had to think about what strategy the other was employing--just great play for 4-6 hours.

Anyhow, my 2+ cents.

Randy

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2002, 09:38 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalinski
this is a proposal that will appeal to all the SS (Smugly Superior).
I don't know. I'm not sure it does appeal to me.

Old
Mon Oct 14, 2002, 12:07 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
It doesn't appeal to the CS either. 8O

Old
Mark: A suggestion! - Tue Oct 15, 2002, 02:34 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
This sort of event already exisits here!

The monthly playoffs for the points winners/qualifiers from the previous month already exist. But it's a "freeroll", with no penalties for poor or wild play!

Other drawbacks are that they do not count in the stats, and only 1st & 2nd count!!

So - continue to have the monthly qualifying tourneys for the Big One, but:
1) put on some sort of buy-in - perhaps $200 (or even $500),
-- if a qualifier doesn't have $200, they simply "go all in",
-- this way no qualifier is excluded;
2) add $5,000.
3) have a normal pay-off structure - so that finishing someplace other than 1 or 2 has PSO value;
4) let the results count in the player's stats!

Now there's a "screened" tournament worth playing in, with a few conditions to try to totally limit the "wild side."

AND - 1 & 2 still get the chance to play-off for the Big One. But now 3 through 10 or so earn something for their efforts!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com